Eat Like a Local – Cayman Islands Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
- DESCRIPTION: The “Eat Like a Local – Cayman Islands Sweepstakes” (the "Sweepstakes") begins on Wednesday, June 14, 2017 and ends at 11:59:59 pm Pacific Time (“PT”) on Friday, September 15, 2017 (“Sweepstakes Period”). The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Chef’d (“Sponsor”), 291 Coral Circle, El Segundo CA 90245. The administrator of this Sweepstakes is Creative Zing Promotion Group ("Administrator"), 189 South Orange Avenue, Suite 1130A, Orlando, FL 32801. The grand prize is being provided by the Cayman Islands Department of Tourism (“Prize Provider”). The Sponsor, Administrator and Prize Provider shall collectively be referred to as the “Sweepstakes Entities”.
- ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is open only to permanent, legal U.S. residents physically residing in the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States or the District of Columbia who are at least twenty-one (21) years of age at the time of entry (each, an “Entrant” and collectively, “Entrants”). Entrant must be the rightful owner (or have authorized use) of the email address identified on the entry form. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an Entrant, the Entrant will be deemed the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the entry, as long as such individual is otherwise eligible and in compliance with these Official Rules. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person in whose name the email account was opened. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of an Entrant cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected entry may be deemed ineligible and an alternate potential winner will be selected. Officers, directors, and employees of Sweepstakes Entities and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, agents, representatives and promotion and advertising agencies are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Immediate family and household members of such individuals are also not eligible to enter or win. For purposes of the Sweepstakes, "Household Members" shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year and "Immediate Family Members" shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, domestic partners or spouses, regardless of where they reside. Void in Alaska, Hawaii and where prohibited or restricted by law.
- HOW TO ENTER: There are three (3) ways to enter the Sweepstakes.
1.) Email Registration: During the Sweepstakes Period, eligible Entrants may visit the Sweepstakes page located at www.chefd.com/alternateentry (the "Email Entry Form Page"). The Entrant must follow the on-screen instructions to provide his or her email address to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. By providing an email address, the Entrant is affirmatively opting-in to receive future email communication from the Sponsor and Prize Provider.
2.) Cayman Islands-Inspired Meal Purchase: During the Sweepstakes Period, eligible Entrants who visit www.chefd.com/collections/cayman-islands and purchase a Cayman Island-inspired meal will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes.
3.) Instant Win Offer: Each week during the Sweepstakes Period, the Sponsor will publish a promotion code on social media and in Sponsor or Prize Provider’s other digital communications offering eligible Entrants the chance to claim one (1) of fifty (50) available Cayman Islands-inspired meals (the “Offer Prize”). The first fifty (50) Entrants who claim an Offer Prize by visiting www.chefd.com/collections/cayman-islands and following the on-screen instructions will receive an Offer Prize and will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit one (1) Offer Prize per person, per week. The Offer Prize is available on a first come, first serve basis, while supplies last. For purposes of these Official Rules, a “week” is defined as any seven (7) day period during the Sweepstakes Period beginning each Wednesday at 12:00:01 am PT and ending each Tuesday at 11:59:59 pm PT.
Limit one (1) entry per person per week, regardless of method of entry. If entries exceed the entry limitations, the Entrant may be disqualified, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. Entrants must accurately provide all of the requested information to be eligible to win. Incomplete, unreadable, or unintelligible entries will be disqualified. All information provided by Entrants becomes the property of Sponsor. ELIGIBLE ENTRANTS MUST SUBMIT THE REQUESTED ENTRY INFORMATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES. NO OTHER METHOD OF SUBMISSION WILL BE ACCEPTED. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Entrant's understanding of, full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant that Sponsor determines to be in violation of any term contained in these Official Rules. Sponsor’s decision not to enforce a specific provision of these Official Rules does not constitute a waiver of that provision or of the Official Rules generally.
- GRAND PRIZE DRAWING AND NOTIFICATION: One (1) potential grand prize winner (“Grand Prize Winner”) will be selected in a random drawing conducted by the Administrator from all eligible entries received on or about September 18, 2017. The potential Grand Prize Winner will be notified by email on or about September 19, 2017. The potential Grand Prize Winner will be required to respond (as directed by the Administrator and/or Sponsor) to acknowledge the notification within three (3) days (or a shorter time if required by exigencies) of first attempted notification. Potential Grand Prize Winner will be required to verify address, complete, sign, and return within three (3) days (or a shorter time if required by exigencies) an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release, and, unless prohibited by law, a publicity release and other legal documents as may be required by Sponsor in its sole discretion (collectively, the "Prize Claim Documents"). Failure to respond to the notification or return the Prize Claim Documents within the specified time period may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate potential winner from the remaining eligible entries. A prize will not be awarded/fulfilled until all such properly executed documents are returned. Administrator, in its sole discretion, will attempt to contact up to three (3) potential winners of the prize in accordance with the above procedure, after which the prize in question may go unawarded if it remains unclaimed. Administrator reserves the right to disqualify anyone not fully complying with the Official Rules.
- ODDS: Odds of claiming an Offer Prize depend on an Entrant’s response time and the number of responses received. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
- PRIZES: The following prizes are available.
OFFER PRIZES (600): There are fifty (50) Offer Prizes available each week for the duration of the Sweepstakes. Each Offer Prize consists of a Cayman Islands-inspired meal for two (2) people. Each Offer Prize has an approximate retail value of $30. Total cumulative Offer Prize ARV: $18,000. Offer Prizes will be fulfilled directly to the address provided by the Entrant when the Offer Prize is claimed.
GRAND PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize is available. Grand Prize consists of one (1) 7-day/6-night trip to the Cayman Islands (the “Trip”). The Trip will consist of the following: (a) Round-trip coach class airfare for Grand Prize Winner and one (1) travel companion (“Guest”) from a gateway airport near the Grand Prize Winner’s permanent residence (as determined by Sponsor/Administrator) to George Town, Cayman Islands; (b) Ground transfers between the airport and the Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort; (c) Hotel accommodations at the Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort for up to six (6) nights in one (1) double occupancy, standard, room (room and tax only); (d) Reservations and dinner for two (2) at Calypso Grill (not to exceed $300); (e) Reservations and dinner for two (2) at Ristorante’ Pappagallo (not to exceed $300); (f) Reservations and dinner for two (2) at Blue Cilantro (not to exceed $300); (g) Dinner for two (2) prepared by personal chef, Chef Jolene Nelson (not to exceed $500); (h) Admission for two (2) to one local attraction, as selected by the Grand Prize Winner and not to exceed $500; and (i) Two (2) pair of TOMS sunglasses and two (2) TOMS backpacks. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize: $6,332. Actual value of Trip may vary based on point of departure and airfare fluctuations. Any difference between stated approximate retail value and actual value of Prize will not be awarded.
Travel Prize Provisions: Travel must be take place between May 1, 2018 and November 15, 2018. Grand Prize Winner’s Guest must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age, unless the Grand Prize Winner is such Guests parent or legal guardian. Guest (or if such Guest is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) and will be required to verify address and to execute a Travel Companion Release, as directed by the Administrator, prior to the travel departure date. Failure to return the executed Travel Companion Release within the specified time period may result in forfeiture of the Trip for the Guest.
Grand Prize Winner and his/her Guest must each possess a valid passport at the time of travel. Grand Prize Winner and Guest will be responsible for obtaining the necessary passports and other travel documents required for travel to Cayman Islands (collectively, “Required Travel Documents”). Any and all costs associated with obtaining or expediting the Required Travel Documents will be the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner and Guest. Grand Prize Winner and Guest should consult with a physician a minimum of thirty (30) days prior to departure for vaccine and general health recommendations for international travel. See http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/country/cayman-islands.html for US Department of State International Travel guidelines.
Sponsor and/or Administrator will work with the Grand Prize Winner to determine mutually agreeable travel dates; however, Sponsor and/or Administrator reserve the right to designate exact travel dates, at their sole discretion. Travel is subject to availability and travel restrictions/blackout dates may apply. All prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sweepstakes Entities. Grand Prize Winner cannot assign or transfer the prize to another person. No prize substitution or cash alternative is allowed except at the sole discretion of Sweepstakes Entities, who reserve the right to substitute a prize (or any portion thereof) of comparable value, in their sole discretion. Grand Prize Winner and Guest must travel together on same itinerary for the Trip. Grand Prize Winner and Guest agree to undertake the Trip at their own risk. All travel arrangements must be made through the
Prize Provider. Airline will be selected by Sweepstakes Entities in their sole discretion. Airline carrier’s regulations and conditions apply. Once Trip dates have been booked, no changes, extensions or substitutions are permitted, except at Sweepstakes Entities’ sole discretion. Sweepstakes Entities will not replace any lost or stolen tickets or travel vouchers. Any costs of travel exceeding the allowance provided herein shall be the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. For the avoidance of doubt, the Grand Prize Winner shall be solely responsible for all costs, expenses, and incidentals associated with prize acceptance and use, including, but not limited to, additional ground transportation, additional meals and activities, beverages, gratuities, phone calls, insurance, taxes, and any other expenses not specifically mentioned as being included. Once travel commences, no unscheduled stopovers are permitted; if an unscheduled stopover occurs, full airfare may be charged to the Grand Prize Winner from stopover point for the remaining segments, including return, of the Trip. Sweepstakes Entities are not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay. Trip may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. Airline tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades. All airline tickets are subject to flight variation, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes. Grand Prize Winner is responsible for all applicable travel and other insurance, all applicable airport charges, including, without limitation, any baggage charges, airport taxes, fuel charges and any applicable Federal inspection fees. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES, AND ANY OTHER COSTS AND EXPENSES, ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. Winner cannot assign or transfer the prize to another person. No cash alternatives or prize substitution is allowed except at the discretion of Sweepstakes Entities. If a prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of the Sweepstakes Entities, a substitute prize of equal or greater retail value may be awarded. Other restrictions may apply. Any depictions of prizes are for illustrative purposes only. For tax reporting purposes, the Grand Prize Winner and Guest are also responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that the Sweepstakes Entities have not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance.
Trip Conduct: Grand Prize Winner and Guest shall conduct themselves with due regard to the public conventions and morals. They shall not, while representing the Sweepstakes Entities during the Trip, commit an offense involving moral turpitude under local laws or ordinances. The Grand Prize Winner and Guest shall not commit any act that will tend to degrade the Sweepstakes Entities in society or bring the Sweepstakes Entities into public hatred, public disrepute, contempt, scorn, or ridicule, or that will tend to shock, insult or offend the community or public morals or decency or prejudice the Sweepstakes Entities. In the event the Grand Prize Winner or Guest engage in behavior that (as determined by Sweepstakes Entities in their sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, the Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right to terminate the Trip early and send the Grand Prize Winner and/or Guest home with no further obligation related to the prize.
Sweepstakes Entities maintain no control over the personnel, equipment, or operation of any air, water or surface carrier, transportation company, tour provider, restaurant or venue (“Providing Party”) and Sponsor is merely an independent supplier of the Trip and is not in any way related to each Providing Party. The Sweepstakes Entities shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or other irregularity that may be caused or contributed to (a) by wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of those Providing Parties or any of their agents, servants, employees or independent contractors, (b) by any defect in or failure of any vehicle, equipment, instrumentality, service, product, or accommodation that is owned, operated, furnished, or otherwise used by any of those suppliers, (c) by the wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of the Sweepstakes Entities, or (d) by any cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of the Sweepstakes Entities.
- CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may designate the Administrator to handle winner selection and notification tasks on Sponsor’s behalf. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By participating, each Entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sweepstakes Entities, which shall be final in all respects
- PUBLICITY RIGHTS & RIGHTS RELEASE: By participating in this Sweepstakes and/or by accepting any prize, winner authorizes the Sponsor and its designees to use his/her photo, name, likeness, social media handle or profile picture, biographical data, city and state of residence on social media or in advertising, marketing, programming or promotional materials, worldwide in perpetuity, and on a winners’ list, if applicable, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Sponsor is not obligated to use any of the above mentioned information or publicity materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation. The Grand Prize Winner may be asked to participate in additional press events, promotional activities or publicity efforts. Specifics of such event, activities or efforts, if applicable, will be communicated directly to the Grand Prize Winner.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES; RELEASE; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By participating in this Sweepstakes and/or by accepting any prize, each Entrant agrees to release the Sweepstakes Entities and each of their respective advertising agencies, successors, employees, agents, representatives and assigns (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all actions, claims, losses or damages arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Sweepstakes and/or acceptance or use of a prize, including any travel related thereto. The Released Parties shall not be liable for: (i) any injuries, losses, liabilities or damages of any kind including personal injury or death caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize including participation in any activity related thereto, or from participation in the Sweepstakes, including any travel related thereto; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, postage-due, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (v) any inability of winner to accept or use any prize (or portion thereof) for any reason and such prize or portion thereof shall be forfeited; or (vi) any printing, typographical, human administrative or technological errors in any materials or activities associated with the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Entities disclaim any liability for damage to any computer or mobile system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes (or any portion of the Sweepstakes) at any time for any reason or should fraud, a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention, extenuating circumstance or other problem/cause corrupt or inhibit the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes and, in such situation, will select the winners from eligible non-suspect entries received prior to and/or after such action or in such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by the Sweepstakes Entities. Sweepstakes Entities may prohibit Entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants or Sweepstakes Entities representatives.
As a condition of entering, Entrants agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (b) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. Entrants further understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California ("Section 1542") and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. Entrants acknowledge that Section 1542 provides that: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims.
- GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION: ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR SPONSOR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE’S LAWS.
- ARBITRATION PROVISION: By participating in this Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees that any and all disputes the Entrant may have with, or claims Entrant may have against, the Released Parties relating to, arising out of or connected in any way with (i) the Sweepstakes, (ii) the awarding or redemption of any prize, and/or (iii) the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, will be resolved individually and exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by the National Arbitration Forum (the “Forum”) and conducted before a sole arbitrator pursuant to the Code of Procedure established by the Forum. The arbitration shall be held at a location determined by the Forum pursuant to the Code of Procedure, or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the Entrant and Sponsor. The arbitrator’s decision shall be controlled by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and any of the other agreements referenced herein that the applicable Entrant may have entered into in connection with the Sweepstakes. There shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis; arbitration can decide only the Entrant’s and/or Sponsor’s individual claims and the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated. The arbitrator shall not have the power to award special or punitive damages against the Entrant or Released Parties. For more information on the Forum and/or the Forum's Code of Procedure, please visit their website at www.arb-forum.com. If any part of this Arbitration Provision is deemed to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the balance of this Arbitration Provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- LIST OF WINNERS/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain the winners’ names or a copy of these Official Rules, send a request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to “Eat Like a Local – Cayman Islands Sweepstakes” Winners/Rules, 189 S. Orange Ave, Suite 1130a, Orlando FL 32801. Requests for the name of the winners must be received no later September 30, 2017.